Edmundo Eluchans Urenda
Edmundo Eluchans has developed his professional practice in wide and varied matters, fundamentally civil and commercial law. He is a private arbitrator and judge of the Arbitration and Mediation Center of Santiago. Throughout his career, he is and has been director of several banks and industrial and commercial companies, of various non-profit foundations dedicated to the promotion of education, art and culture, and the analysis and study of public policies. All this, added to his career in public service.
- Degree in Legal and Social Sciences, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (1972)
- “Monseñor Carlos Casanueva” Award for representing the spirit and values of the Catholic University.
- “Luis Gutierrez Alliende” Award to the best student in commercial law of his promotion.
- President of the Chamber of Deputies of Chile (period 2013-2014)
- Deputy of the Republic of Chile (2006-2010; 2010-2014)
- Assistant teacher. Chair of Civil Law Faculty of Law. Pontifical Catholic University of Chile
- Professor of Commercial law. Finis Terra University
Activities and Memberships
- Director of Banco Estado
- Advisory Council of the Presidency of the Republic of Chile in relation to the Bolivian maritime lawsuit before the Court of The Hague
- Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce Bar Association A.G.
- Colegio de Abogados A.G.
- Vice President of the Chilean Bar Association (1992-1998)