Sergio Gaete StreetAssociate
He has focused his professional career on matters of property, business and civil lawsuits, and has a broad experience in counselling national and foreign companies on real estate development projects, and in litigation.
- Sergio graduated from the Universidad Gabriela Mistral in 1990 with a degree of Bachelor of Science in Law.
Activities and Memberships:
- Former Professor of Civil Law for over 15 years at the following universities: Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Universidad Bernardo O'Higgins and Universidad Mayor.
- He gave various seminars, such as a training seminar for the Banco de Chile staff called "Entorno legal de Cobranza, Convenios y Negocios Especiales"[Legal Framework for Collections, Special Agreements and Deals], and a training seminar called "Reducción de la Jornada Laboral" [Reducing the Working Hours] offered to member companies of SOFOFA (a Chilean private industry and trade association).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association, Colegio de Abogados A.G.
- Author of the book entitled "Estudios sobre el Contrato de Seguro" [Studies on Insurance Contracts], published by Editorial Universidad Gabriela Mistral in 1992.
- Author of the article entitled "La responsabilidad civil en el artículo 69 de la Ley N° 16.744" [Civil Lability in Article 69 of Law No. 16,744], published in the Ars Boni et Aequi Law Journal in 2006.
- Author of the article entitled "Comentarios de Jurisprudencia Civil" [Comments on Civil Case Law], published in the Ars Boni et Aequi Law Journal in 2008.