Edmundo Eluchans UrendaPartner
His professional practice has been focused on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, the purchase and sale of assets, joint venture agreements, financing, capital market, foreign investment and the issuance and placement of shares or bonds. Throughout his career, he has served as Board member in several banks, as well as manufacturing and trade companies. Additionally, he has served in the same capacity in the Board of various charitable foundations for promoting education, the arts and culture, and the analysis and study of public policies.
- Edmundo graduated from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile in 1972 with a degree of Bachelor of Laws and Social Science, and the distinguished awards: “Monseñor Carlos Casanueva” and “Luis Gutiérrez Alliende”, respectively of the student who best represents the University spirit and values, and top of the class in business law.
Activities and Memberships:
- Former Assistant Professor of Civil Law at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Former Full Professor of Commercial Law at the Universidad Finis Terrae.
- Vice-President of the Chilean Bar Association (1992 to 1998).
- Member of the Chilean Parliament (2006 to 2010, 2010 to 2014).
- President of the Chilean Parliament (2013 to 2014).
- Member of the Chilean Presidential Advisory Council on the maritime case filed by Bolivia with the Permanente International Court of Justice in Hague.
- Member of the Roster of Arbitrators maintained by the Arbitration and Mediation Centre of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association, Colegio de Abogados A.G.