Ricardo Ihnen BeckerPartner
Ricardo Ihnen has focused his professional practice on corporate and business law with a special emphasis on tax matters. He works as legal counsel for national and international companies, has acted as representative and agent in Chile of several foreign companies, and is frequently involved in mergers and acquisitions. Additionally, he has defended a number of companies in claims relating to consumer rights.
- Ricardo graduated from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile in 1997 with a degree of Bachelor of Science in Law, with the distinguished award “Luis Gutiérrez Alliende” as the top of the class student in business law.
- Master of Laws in Water Resource Law (LL.M.), Universidad de Atacama (1998 to 1999).
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Denver, College of Law, Denver, Colorado (2002).
Activities and Memberships:
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association, Colegio de Abogados A.G.
- Member of the Roster of Arbitrators of the National Arbitration Centre (CNA).
Languages:English and Spanish
- Coauthor with Robert A. Basset of the article entitled "Myth or Reality - Has Environmental Regulation Destroyed the US Mining Industry”, published in the book entitled “International and Comparative Mineral Law and Policy: Trends and Prospects”, published by Kluwer Law International in 2005.